Friday, October 2, 2009

Swinger Instructions.

I started with a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" side fold Daisy White card, my paper cutter, adhesive, CM Circle Cutter and mat. I used the large Butterfly from D1341 Butterfly Wings and Sorbet and Tulip Inks. First I inked the Butterfly in the Sorbet ink and rocked the Butterfly on the Tulip to get the edges of the stamp. I also used a 2 way glue pen on the butterfly where I wanted to add glitter, and set it aside to dry.

I used scraps of CTMH's new Grace paper pack, one piece is 1" x 4" and the other is 2 1/4" x 4" I put the larger piece on the bottom of the card leaving about 1/8" border on both sides and on the bottom. I put the smaller piece on the top leaving a 1/8" border.

I took a piece of Garnet cs and cut it 2 1/2" x 4" and scored 1/4" from each edge then sanded to get the white core to show through, and placed it just over lapping the two pieces of Grace.

Once I assembled my card front, I opened my card up on the cutting mat so that I could see the card front, and positioned the cutting template over the area I wanted to cut a circle out of.



I cut the Butterfly out and cut a 1" x 4" strip of Daisy White cs, (needs to match the color of your card base.)

Take the strip and fold it in half lengthwise, put adhesive to both sides and put a penny next to the fold. Put adhesive at the top and fold over to seal.

Turn the Butterfly glitter side down.
Lay the card front over the Butterfly so that you can barley see the cuts through the hole.
If you have pop dots (round double sided sticky dots) they work the best, but I didn't so I took about 1 1/2" of Double sided Foam tape and doubled it. Then I cut the bottom edge so that it was rounded. I placed it in the circle cut out on top of the Butterfly.
Then I took the folded paper with the penny in it and put it on the double sided foam tape.

Make sure you put the part with the penny where it is hanging down, not on the foam.
Here is the new swinger card.
Here is a picture of the card at an angle so that you can see that the butterfly moves.
How cool is this? I wish you could see the glitter, it is beautiful!!!

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment