Saturday, October 10, 2009

Altered Rolodex

I used the Tickled Pink Paper pack from a special earlier this year. It is hard to see but the circles where the months are stamped I did a second generation stamping technique, and alternated between Blush and Crystal Blue. The Striped paper has glitter and I added some glitter to the centers of the flower that you can see the centers of. On the January card I used a Vintage Label punch and punched the Blush textured cs and used the lighter side and an oval from the Daisy White cs that I had printed the word Birthdays on. I sponged the edges of both pieces. I punched out 6 daisy's from some of the scraps of the floral paper in different sizes and layered them and secured them with a brad and glue dot. I added a couple sparkles and some leaves and this is the results.
I am having so much fun making these, that I am behind on my Birthday cards again. So I guess you know what I get to do tomorrow since I have to mail 8 cards on Monday. I do have a couple done and ready for the mail. I am sending the butterflies to 2 lucky ladies, and no I'm not telling you who.

While making this Rolodex I found that reading glasses really helped me see where to put the little acrylic stamps and to position them better. Yes, you read that right, I now have reading glasses. I actually bought them months ago, but didn't want to wear them too much till I saw an eye Dr. and I did that last Sunday. She said that I really do need to wear them for reading or close up work like beading or stamping. The good news is that I don't have to get the expensive ones yet. She even took a look at the ones I had with me and said that I picked out the right ones for me. I was only wearing them at home till I tried to read something at the store and couldn't so I got a pair to carry with me.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about my artwork or ramblings. Even better sign up to follow my blog.

Thanks for stopping by to see what is new.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment