Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another update on my chicks.

 Here is my little White one, I am starting to think this might be part Silkie, and Golden Sex-link.  I read that a Golden Sex link does not stay true in 2nd generation.  The original Mother was a red and the Father was a Silver.  Causing the Golden coloring.  Then adding the White Silkie into the mix just throws everything off.  I can see longer white or grey fluff around the tail and neck areas.  Still not sure of the sex, thinking it might be a hen, I certainly hope so.
 This is the oldest chick with Medusa, foraging in the yard. 
Here are 2 of them foraging with Sarasvati and Medusa. 
 Sarasvati and the 2nd oldest foraging together.
 These 2 look like they are wearing Tutu's. I am sure they are Partridge Cochin Frizzle crosses.  I think they are hens too, but time will tell.  They seem to have all the characteristics that are supposed to be hens.
 Today these 3 chicks are 4 weeks old. 
 This chick is 4 days younger than the rest.  It's tail feathers are bigger than the others Tail feathers are.
 This one I am pretty sure it is a Partridge Cochin bantam, and again I think it is a hen also.

I hope this has been entertaining and informative as I am learning as I go.  I have been enjoying my time with my flock and hopefully will be able to share more about them as they grow.  Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and read my Chicken diary.  I hope to get some Scrapin' done here soon.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment