Thursday, August 23, 2012

100th Birthday Cards

A friend called me yesterday and asked me to make 2 cards for a set of Twins turning 100 this weekend.  So I started working on them immediately.  I also recruited the help of my Niece and new Downline Tarina, to help me with this project.  I love both cards and hope Ruth and Ruby do also.

Here are pictures of the cards.

This one is made with Clementine papers and the new CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge.
 Tarina worked very hard on this card, she added Liquid Glass to the 100th so that it would stand out, the Banner and the 100th along with the roses are all made with the Artiste cartridge.  The Stamp sets were Card Chatter- Birthdays D1475 and Playful Flourishes D1212.  Tarina used the new Champagne cs for the base and Saddle and sorbet to back the banner in.  She also used Chocolate grosgrain ribbon and White organdy ribbon.  The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  Tarina added Rhinestones and pearls to the roses.  She distressed all the edges before she put it all together.  I love it.

This card came together nicely for me,  I used the Sonoma papers and the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the card at 5 1/2" then cut the floral at 5 1/4" and the green I cut at 4" then the last scallop circle I cut at 3 1/2".  I cut the Banner and the accent from the Artiste Cartridge at 1 1/4" and the 100 at 1" and the th at  1/2".  The Roses were also from the Artiste cartridge.  The leaves are a McGill punch and the Butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added Liquid Glass to the 100th also.  I used  the Word Window punch from SU to Stamp the Happy Birthday from Royal Birth D1441 and SU's Modern Label punch to layer them on.  I put bitty pearls in the centers of the roses and on the butterflies.  I distressed all the edges before I put the card together.

I hope my friend likes the cards as much as I do.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice 

No comments:

Post a Comment