Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas class August 10, 2013

Here is one of the samples I have for my Mixed Media Canvas class next weekend.
It isn't exactly what I planned, but I love how it turned out.  I am teaching the technique where you glue the picture face down on the canvas then Spritz it and rub off the paper leaving just the image.  I did that, but then I forgot to mask the pic when I spritzed it and oversprayed some Slate grey ink on the pic and there was no fixing it.  So I just added a pic to the top and layered the sprockets and clock face over top edge of the frame. I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut the sprockets and clock face.  I cut 2 out of chipboard but my old cricut didn't like it much, so I stopped because I didn't want to ruin my cricut.  I layered some and popped some up on foam tape for dimension.  I added some brads and liquid glass to a couple of them.

This was so much fun to play with.  I didn't use the texture past like I had planned, but I really like the results.  Lots of layers of paint, paper and ink.

I am working on another sample and I am using Texture paste and I am not Spritzing color on this one, I don't think.  We will see.  Watch for the sample coming soon.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment