Thursday, August 29, 2013

And yet another project!

I am so excited!!!  This one, I think I will get a lot of use out of.  It was pretty easy once I figured out what I wanted to do.  I was on Facebook one evening and another consultant had posted one that she had made for Convention.( I will share the link and credits at the end of this post.)
  Mine is a little different as I am not using a Cast Iron Cookbook Stand to hold mine upright. 

I can tell you that I started with a white 22" round pressboard cake board and an 11" tan plastic Rubbermaid Lazy Susan, some Black acrylic paint and some unsanded grout.  


Do you have any idea what this is?


 I made my own chalkboard paint using 1 - 2 oz bottle of Black acrylic paint and about 1/4 cup unsanded grout  Mixed it well and painted both the cake board and lazy susan. (3 Coats each)  Once the paint was dry I took a piece of chalk and conditioned the boards, by rubbing the chalk all over them and then wiping off the dust.  

Now do you have an idea what it might be?



Ok, here is another hint.

I then took CTMH's silver glitter tape and put 4 strips across it in different directions making the pattern on it.  I used E6000 glue to adhere the lazy susan to the cake board, making sure to center it.  The glitter tape divides the chalkboard into sections for me to write different things in for different events.


Ok, it is starting to remind you of anything yet?


Here is what I did to finish off the project.
I took CTMH's silver glitter paper and cut a large arrow


from the Artiste Cricut cartridge on the Cricut.  And placed it in the center of the lazy susan.  I also cut out some letters. T, S, W, I, I, i, i, n, n, p, t, t and o.  I decided I wanted them to stay put, so I ran them through the Xyron 150 sticker maker with permanent adhesive in it.  I then lined them up on the lazy susan part of the board to Spell out the name of our very own,


Wait for it!  


Wait for it!




"Spin It To Win It" Game board.


Ta da!



I'm always trying to come up with ways to entertain our guests at our Idea Book Kick-off parties and I think we can use this one at the Clark County Women's Expo in September too.  

You should stop by and see what we put on the board for you to win.  

Clark County Women's Expo September 14th and 15th. 
Clark County Event Center
17402 NE Delfel Rd Ridgefield, WA 98642
(360) 397-6180
Here is a link to get there.
Please mark you calendars and come see us.



Here is the link to Wendy's Spin It to Win It Board http://www.stampingrules.com/2013/08/friday-favorite-things.html

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job with this project. I think it is awesome that you made your own chalkboard paint. Very creative! Hope all is well. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally awesome! I love how you built your own spinner!

    ReplyDelete