Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break was a busy week for me.

On Sunday, my Sister and Brother-in-law brought their granddaughters down to my house so that the older one could stay the week with me.  Amber is usually very quiet and shy, so I wasn't quite sure how this was going to work, since I usually spend a lot of time with my grandchildren and they are not so quiet and shy.  A few days before she came I sent a text to Amber asking what she wanted to do when she came down.  Now she is 15, and I live about 15 minutes from Clackamas Town Center.  I'm thinking a typical 15 year old would want to go to the mall, or go shopping or something along that line of activities.  Amber replied " Sew & Dye".  I replied " as in Tie Dye?" Amber replied as in Cos-play   Luckily I was sitting at my computer when I received the text, so I looked up Cos-play  ah ha, Costume Play.  I wasn't sure exactly sure what she wanted to do so I replied "OK, you might have to show me how".  So when Amber arrived, we visited for a bit and then Nanna, Poppa and Crysta headed back to The Dalles.

Amber had been working on a My Little Pony costume "Flutter-shy" and asked me to help her sew some wings and ears onto a hoodie that she also needed dyed.  I also sewed up a small backpack that Amber designed and cut out. I didn't get pics of the backpack.

Here are some pictures.

I almost forgot, it took us 4 days to get her hair from dark brown to this shade of pink.

 Amber cut out the ears and I sewed then up on the sewing machine, stuffed them, then stitched them onto the hood where she wanted them.
 I found a black and white pic of the wings for Flutter-shy and made a cut file then we cut out the pattern for the wings on the Cricut and hand cut the fabric.  I sewed them up and stuffed them, then cut a hole in the back of the hoodie and stitched the wings on making sure that I double stitched the edges of the hoodie.
 I also hand stitched the outer parts of the wings to the back of the hoodie to keep them standing out.
Amber hand painted all the cutie marks (Butterflies) on the hoodie and skirt.  I think she did a great job.  We had so much fun.  She was a hoot to be around.  Not shy like normal.  We visited late into the night most of the week.  She is such a sweet heart.  

On Thursday, I took my 4 grandchildren, Amber and my Daughter Dawn to see The Croods. What a funny movie.  We laughed our butts off.  Thursday night Amber and I were dying her hair again and while we were waiting for the 40 minutes to pass we were visiting at the dinning room table.  I have automatic sensors on my dining room light and if you don't move for about 8 minutes, the light shuts off. Well, we were sitting there visiting and apparently hadn't moved because the light shut off, both of us raised our arms to get the light to come back on and at that instance it hit me to blow on my hands as if I were trying to get the flame to flare up again. (as in the movie) we laughed so hard, we had tears running down our faces and we couldn't hardly breath.  We couldn't look at each other with out laughing again.  I am still shocked that my husband slept right through it.  

When we took Amber home on Saturday, she asked if she could spend more time with me this summer. What a pleasure it will be to have her come back.  Crysta wants to spend some time with us too.  I am looking forward to spending time with both of them, getting to know them better and having them get to know my grandchildren better too.

I will have to make a mini scrapbook of our week.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment