Friday, May 26, 2017

Smile | No Worries WYW | DT by Tarina Lafollette

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful week!
Today, I am sharing a layout made from the No Worries, Workshops Your Way, Scrapbooking kit. This layout was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest. More info about the card and its creator will soon be available on my Facebook page (hellotarina).


Taking inspiration from the card, I knew I wanted to have an array shape cut from the main layer of paper.
It took me a bit to choose the papers, because I was drawn to the sapphire blue paper w/palm trees as well as the herringbone patterned paper; which are both vibrant papers. I really loved the two together, but I needed something that wasn't too much like the white, not very eye catching, AND I didn't want it to overpower the photo. So, I decided to go with White Daisy for the base, the two that were calling to me, and the distressed wood plank paper, to start. I tried several different paper combinations to fill the array, but nothing felt right. That's when I remembered the branding strips! AND, there happened to be the exact the color I needed to balance the page! 
I also used the white burlap ribbon that's included in the No Worries WYW kit. I adhered it down right on the outer edge of the sapphire branding strip. I love how it brought a bit of dimension to that corner of the page.


Next up, ink splatters.
I used the CTMH Sapphire and Cashmere ink pads to splatter coordinating colors onto the white daisy paper. This helps tone down the starkness of the white. When adding the splatters, I made sure to turn the paper so that the point of the cut triangle piece was closet to me. This makes the splatters look like they're coming from the direction of the photo cluster.


Onto the photo cluster!
I backed the photo in the sapphire paper, leaving about a quarter inch border on each side. The photo mat still seemed pretty dramatic on the white base, so I used a combination of neutral papers tucked behind the sapphire mat to build some color. I also cut a photo corner for the left, bottom corner of the photo mat to help keep it balanced. I used the Edge Distresser to distress each of these papers just to give some more dimension.
It took me a bit to get each embellishment cluster the way I wanted, but I love how they came out.
The title 'Smile', as well as all the sticker and Kraft embellishments were from the No Worries Compliment pack. Some of them were adhered with my glue pen, some with adhesive dots, and some with foam tape.
Last up are the No Worries Sequins and Bitty Sparkles to give the photo cluster just a bit of sparkle.

Layout Recipe
(*included in No Worries WYW Scrapbooking kit but can be bought separately)


I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
~Tarina
@hellotarina
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment