Sunday, July 22, 2012

New baby chicks

My Partridge Cochin hen has been setting on 3 eggs for 3 weeks now and two have hatched so far. Here are some pics.

 When I went out to feed this morning I found this it was actually looking at me.
 Here Sarasvati (momma) is helping the second one get out of it's shell.

Aren't they so cute?
Momma is cleaning off the new one.  The other is safely tucked in under momma.

Medusa my other hen that is brooding is setting on 3 of her own eggs and 4 of someone else's.  I'm gonna have a lot of chickens if they all make it.  I can't wait to see what Medusa's look like.  The 4 eggs are from my Silver Laced Wyandottes.
 


Medusa is a Silver Laced Cochin and looks a lot like the Wyandottes.  I will share more pics later, as they hatch and momma's allow it.


Happy Scrapin',


Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment