Monday, October 3, 2011

Tutorial for the Christmas card with roses.

Thank you all for checking out my card for the Operation Write Home Blog Hop, and leaving me all those wonderful comments.  I told you I would have the recipe for the card today and so here it is in the form of a tutorial. 

I used White Daisy CS, Cranberry CS and New England Ivy CS.  I used Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to make the Roses and Pine cones. I used McGill's Pine Bow punch along with Oriental Trading Co.'s Oak leaf embossing punch.

You can order this cartridge through my website here.
 First I cut 3-3" roses from the White Daisy CS then I cut 3-2.5" Chrysanthemum both are on page 69 in the book and are under the font section.  On the Key pad it shows the half circle banner and the Heart it is the second button from the end.
 Once I remove them from the mat I curl them with my thumb nail along the bottom edge.

 It will look like this. 
 Then I curl it up tighter and then let it go to unroll a little.
 I add Liquid Glass to the base.
 Then hold it down till the Liquid glass starts to dry. Then I add a sparkle to the center and some Glitz Stardust to the edges and set aside.  If you are making cards for Operation Write Home PLEASE DO NOT use glitter of any kind as it can cause harm to our hero's.
I do the same with the New England Ivy Chrysanthemum.
 I don't let this one go, I keep it nice and tight. 
 I hold it in my hand till the Liquid Glass starts to dry.
 While the rose and Chrysanthemum/Pine Cone dries I emboss the Cranberry CS with the Embossing folder from Stampin' Up it is called Petals-a-plenty and is $7.95 + shipping.  If you want one of these I will take orders for my Friend Teri, who is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, (she doesn't have a website) just email me with your information, I take Paypal or Propay.

 This is a Stampin' Up Fancy label punch I stamped the words at one end,
because I want to tuck it in under some of the greenery.  
I then sponged the edges with New England Ivy Ink.
 I sponged the main card base with New England Ivy Ink also.
Now you just have to assemble the card.  I use Liquid Glass to adhere all the pieces, 
because I don't want them to come off.

 Feel free to email me if you need clarification on any of this tutorial.  If you would like to order any of the products from me you can go to my website here  my Friend Teri is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator if you want to order the Stampin' Up products I used here, send me an email and I will have Teri contact you.

 Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment