Saturday, October 1, 2011

Operation Write Home Blog Hop


I am so excited to be part of this blog hop I believe it is so important that we let our service men and women know how much we care.  I am a proud Military wife of 30 years, in that time my husband has been deployed many times.  My Son and Son-In-Law are also military and have been deployed several times also.  I have many other family and close friends who are deployed at this time.


Here is my Holiday card for the blog hop, enjoy.



I added glitter to the tips of the roses but you can't see it, I also added a sparkle in the center of the roses.  The roses and pine cones are made with the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  
The words are from C1472 Bundled Buddies
To order the cartridge click here


I hope you like my creation and sign up to follow my blog or at least leave me a comment.  If you would like the recipe for this card I will post it on Monday.


Click the link below to go to the next blog in the hop.
Thanks for checking out my blog in the Operation Write home blog hop.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

23 comments:

  1. OMGoodness I really love the white flowers and foliage, you did an amazing job, thanks for sharing.

    http://auntiemargsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card, Janice! I love the way you tucked the sentiment up against the floral spray. I'm a bit concerned about the glitter though, it's dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I love all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing is a great addition to this lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely holiday card that anyone could use. The embossed background is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the contrast of the white roses with the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, those flowers are Gorgeous!! I'm sure you'll get a lot of returns monday to see how to make those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness gracious this is a stunner! Love the flowers and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great winter not Christmas specific card! The flowers and foliage are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While this card is lovely too...I have to comment that I found your Friday card first and it is by far my favorite. But then again I am partial to blue and silver. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My "bundled buddies" set should be here this week! So excited! Thanks for sharing! If you could, would you pleeeeease tell me where that embossing folder is from? I haven't ever seen that pattern and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous placement of flowers and design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this. Great way to use the embossing as a main focal for the card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. I like your flowers and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card- love the embossed card front- and the gorgeous roses! Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone, this was my first blog hop and I think I will be doing more. The roses are cut from the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and I will try to have a tutorial on her Monday along with the recipe for the card. The embossing folder is from Stampin' Up it is called Petals-a-plenty and is $7.95.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! I love the texture and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card!!! TFS and for all the help your family gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card design with the embossed background and cluster of flowers! I completely stopped using glitter when I started making cards exclusively for OWH. I am just too afraid of putting a hero at risk. Thanks for joining in the hop and supporting Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I won't send this one to OWH, but I will give it to my local friends. Thanks again for all the love.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is such a gorgeous card! please send my thanks and gratitude to your husband, son and son-in-law for serving our country. They are heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card! I love the roses and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete