Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Card Class in The Dalles this Saturday!

Wow things have been crazy here lately.  We have 5 birthdays to celebrate in October and that is just my Daughter and Grandchildren.  There are a whole lot more if I count the rest of the family and friends.  I am behind on posting pictures for those.  We celebrated Zack, Hailey and Dawn's birthday's on Friday the 14th because Steve was leaving on the 16th for 3 weeks.  Then Saturday was Family day at the Base.  Dawn's Birthday was on Sunday the 16th so 8 of us celebrated at Red Robin.  The waiter was very funny and asked Dawn if she wanted to stand on her chair, while they sang to her. She said no.  So then he told her to raise her spoon high like the Statue of Liberty and she barely raised it above her shoulder, when he commented on how high she raised it she attempted to bonk him on the nose with it.  It was funny.  She hates to have the restaurants sing to her but she played along this time.

 I finally got time to sit and make my cards for class, here they are.

I made this Mummy card for Halloween.  I used my air art gun and a Chocolate marker and spritzed the card base then layered 4 - 1" strips on top, tucking the eyes in under the top two. 
 I random stamped the leaves on a 12 X 12 and cut it down to 3" X 4" and used the Weathered wood embossing folder on the Summer sun CS.  The oval punches are Stampin' Up

I stamped and embossed then cut out the pumpkins and added the foam tape to the back.  I used a Cuttle bug embossing folder for the Sunset CS.
 I found this card in the Idea Book and it was so simple, I had to make it for class.  I stamped the trees in New England Ivy ink on New England Ivy CS.  The Deer is from the Bundled Buddies stamp set.

I punched out 2" scallop circles and embossed them with a Stampin' Up embossing folder then folded 1/4th of  it over and glued it to another and added the ribbon.  It holds Hershey Nuggets, like a purse.  I am going to give these to all the people who attend my class on Saturday.  

I was so excited tonight when I looked at my email, Creating The Hive sent me an email stating that they featured my last blog post.  This is the first time that I have been featured any where.  You can view it here, http://creatingthehive.com/blog-post/163853/card-boxes-for-my-card-classes

Happy Scrapin,

Janice

1 comment:

  1. Such cute things! Love the little pumpkins with the Hershey nugget. Your cards are so sweet, the leaves are colored so beautifully. Thanks for joining my blog, so happy that I found a new blog to follow now.

    ReplyDelete