Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Techniques.

You all probably know by now that I am a technique junkie.  I love learning and sharing new techniques.  The first technique I learned is the Batik Technique.  Here you emboss and sponge and then remove the embossing.  If you want I can show you each step or you could sign up on my Meetup group and come on Wednesday evening, September 1st and I will show you in person.


I made this card for my friend Shannon, her birthday was on Friday.  I hope she likes the card.







The second technique I learned is called the Bandanna Technique.  In this technique you stamp and draw then sponge and paint.  Again if you want me to post complete instructions I will or you can come to my Meetup group and learn it in person.









I went to my friend Teri's house on Thursday and played until the weeee hours.  Oh what fun we had.  We didn't get much done but we had fun doing what we did work on.  We tried to play with her Cricut machine and the Cricut Design Studio but the computer couldn't find the Cricut.  We tried to show it that it was just across the room, but I think her computer needs glasses.

On Friday my Big Sister came to visit and brought her daughter and her 3 granddaughters.  We, all 12 of us, went to lunch and then we went to a garage sale by my house.  The Grand View Baptist Church always holds a parking lot garage sale in August. They allow you to set up your sale in their parking lot and sell your wares and they don't charge you for the space.  The whole parking lot is full of vendors and when we have had a space there we have always done very well.  We wanted to do it this year but too many things were going on and besides I wouldn't have been able to go to lunch with some of my favorite girls.  I really enjoyed my day with my Sister and Nieces.  Then of course it was Friday night date night.  Steve took me out to dinner and to see Nanny McPhee.  We went to the 9:20 pm showing and had the entire room to our selves.  When we got home the grandkids were in bed but Jordan was still awake.  He asked us what we saw, and I told him Nanny McPhee, but we didn't get to see much of it cause we were making out.  He said really Grandma how was it?  He just doesn't believe that we do that sort of thing any more.  So we played it up a little more, Steve said he put some pop corn kernels in his ear and that I licked them out.  So of course I had to add, you know how I love pop corn.  About that time Dawn and Charlie walk in with their friends, just as Jordan says Gross!!!  So then Jordan told them about the conversation.

If you want a tutorial on the above techniques let me know and I will post them.

Next weekend, September 5th, is our 29th Wedding Anniversary.  I can hardly believe we have been together that long.  I don't know what we are going to do to celebrate it, but I'm sure we will have fun, what ever we decide to do.

I hope you are all enjoying the last few days before we all get back to our daily Fall and Winter routines, I know I am.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment