Sunday, July 19, 2009

In the good ole summertime.

As you can see we have been spending some time out side. The weather has been hot, but not too hot this last couple days, so we got some yard work done. I went around the fence and clipped blackberries while my Daughter mowed the lawn and ran the weed eater. My Son-in-law worked on the yard and put the finishing touches on my retaining wall that he built a couple weeks ago for me. My dear hubby finished another raised garden bed and put it in for me. Now I all I have to do is fill it with dirt and put my plants in. He also added a trellis for my Cantaloupe, Watermelon and Cucumbers to grow on, on the first raised garden bed pictured here with Mary and Hailey looking for watermelon.
I think I will use some of those tires in the background to plant some Potatoes, next year...


This is a picture of my two Granddaughters, Mary and Hailey standing on my patio next to my Yellow Pear Tomato. I don't think I have ever seen Tomatoes get so tall.

Here is Miss Mary standing next to her Giant Sunflowers.


Here is Miss Hailey with her Marigolds that she planted with me. She is just too happy to see that her Marigolds have started opening.

I didn't get any scrap booking or cards made this weekend but My yard sure does look better, and I have some new pictures that I can scrapbook later. I have 3 birthdays coming up in the next couple weeks so I better get started on the cards.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment