Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Steve's Retirement Invitations


 Here are the invitations I am making for Steve's retirement party.

I found a similar card on Splitcoaststampers.com by Wendy Jo here is a link http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...y%20retirement

I started with Colonial White card stock and sponged the edges with Dessert sand Ink.  I took Dessert sand card stock and sponged the edges of it with dessert sand ink.  I printed my Husbands name and rank out on colonial white card stock and then stamped the banner from CTMH's HERO stamp set D 1474, over the name in dessert sand ink. Then hand cut out the banner.  I printed out the words RETIRED and WILSON on Colonial white card stock and stamped the tag from SU's Tiny Tags stamp set and punched them out using SU's coordinating punch.  I sponged the edges with dessert sand ink.  I added the tags to the dessert sand card stock before I adhered it down.  I printed the camouflage paper and cut it and punched ticket corners then layered it onto Dutch Blue and then onto Cocoa card stock.  I added the name banner to the top.  I placed that at the bottom of the card over the dessert sand card stock.  I stamped the Soldier from SU's Godspeed stamp set onto colonial white card stock and punched ticket corners, I then sponged dessert sand ink all around the edges and onto the soldier.  I sponged olive ink onto the soldier and the box he is setting on.  I sponged Dutch blue ink under the soldier and around his shoulders.  I layered the soldier onto  Dutch blue card stock and then onto cocoa card stock.  I then layered it onto the dessert sand card stock and turned it at an angle, I used foam tape to the top of the soldier so it has dimension.  I showed it to Steve yesterday and he really likes them.  


On the inside I am going to add a picture of Steve in his Blues, 
because most of the family has not seen him in his uniform.  
I have to get the pictures printed tomorrow, then they go into the mail.  

Well when I went to get them printed out the computer couldn't find the picture on my disk then they only print them 4" x 6" and that won't fit in my envelopes so no pictures going out after all.  Sorry.

Steve has served our country for 36 years.  I am so proud of him, and proud that my Son and Son-In-Law have followed his lead.


I would love to here what you think about them.


Happy Scrapin',


Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment