Monday, December 19, 2011

Card class last Saturday in The Dalles.

We had a great time at class last Saturday, my Sister Shirley and two of her Granddaughters were there, my Niece Tarina was there, my Mother-In-Law was there along with an old friend Vera.  We only had 3 ladies join is who live at flagstone.  I added a book mark to the items we made, here it is.  I used Sonoma level 2 paper pack x7143B and Sweet Moments Stamp set C1467 to make this.  I also used Colonial white card stock and chocolate ink.

 Then my Niece Tarina turned the images and layered them, 
I made the one below similar to the one she made.
Here I use the same papers just turned the background paper over to reveal the purple, green and brown stripe and used Pansy Purple ink.  I also embossed in clear over the Pansy Purple and sponged the edges of the colonial white CS.
 Here is a close up of the two images.
 This is the same book mark only Tarina added a snowflake to it,  
 and then she stamped the back.  I just love how she can take my simple ideas and turn them in to works of art.  She inspires me. She is so good at the vintage look. I need to start taking classes from her.  You can see her website here meandmylittleideas.blogspot.com.  She said she has been asked to do some Ustream videos, she already has several YouTube videos.  I can't wait to see what she does, I will have to join.


After class, I came home to finish my Christmas cards and Steve's retirement invitations.  I was greeted with my Christmas decorations put up and my kitchen was clean.  I don't usually leave it a mess but I just had too many things to get done and well the dishes lost the battle.  My dear Hubby said he asked the grandchildren to come and help him put up the tree and decorate.  It was so sweet, and I didn't expect it at all.  I love this kind of surprise.

Here are my Christmas cards.  I started with White Daisy CS and Sky CS, I used Snowflakes D1480, I stamped the snowflakes in White Daisy pigment ink and let it dry, then stamped the silver and embossed it in Silver embossing powder.  I the cut out two different snowflakes from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and stamped them in silver ink and embossed them in Rainbow crystals embossing powder.  They really sparkle.  I added foam tape to the smaller one before layering it onto the larger snowflake.

 Here I tried my hand at stamping and embossing on acetate.  
I kind of like it, but it was difficult to not melt the acetate, yet melt the embossing powder.
I got them all in the mail today.


Well I have to finish the invitations as I have the grandchildren tomorrow and lots of things to do.


I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a very safe and Happy New Year if I don't post again before.


Thanks for following me on my blog, I hope I have brought some inspiration and joy to you during your visits.


If you want, check out the While Supplies Last on my website.  Some items are up to 81% OFF and can only be ordered on my website.


Happy Scrapin',


Janice 

No comments:

Post a Comment