Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miracle Cards

Here are the cards I made on Saturday at the Portland Friends Scrap All Day Crop.  I had only grabbed the Miracle level 2 paper pack to work with.  I did take several stamp sets though.

The stamp set I used with this card is called Sophia you can only get it if you purchase the Sophia Workshop on the go kit.  It is $29.95 and comes with a level 2 paper pack, pink buttons and Colonial Waxy flax along with the Workshop guide.  I hand cut the three flowers and glued them on top of the stamped images.
This card uses the same set.  I think there is a little too much white showing on this one, maybe I will add some flowers or buttons.  If I decide to add something to it I will repost it, so you can see the changes.

With this card I used one of the new stamp sets called Trellis - D1451 $22.95.  It goes well with the new Bliss paper pack. I stamped the flower in White Stazon ink.  I used Salutation Seals - C1461 $18.95 and punched the stamped image with our 1 1/4" circle punch then layered it on a 1 1/2" scallop punch.  I think I will do this one for  my simple card class in The Dalles but use New England Ivy instead of the sweet leaf paper where the white will show better and the punched butterfly.
With this card I used Delight C1452 $18.95.  I also used the Corner rounder to make the scallops on the green paper.
I used the same set with this card but added the words from A Tweet A1004 $7.95.  I also used a punch for the butterfly, sorry I don't remember who makes it.
This card also uses the same set but I added the words from Birthday Boy C1411 $18.95.  I sponged all the edges to give it some dimension.
Again this is the Sophia set that comes with the Sophia Workshop on the go kit.  I hand cut the bird and glued it on top of the stamped images.  I used the corner rounder to make the scallop edge.

Leave me a comment or send me an email letting me know your favorite.

By the way, Portland Friends Scrap is planning another all day crop in early May.  If you want to know when these events are Join Portland Friends Scrap Here http://www.meetup.com/PortlandFriendsScrap/ then click the button that says Join us and you will be able to see all of our events including my card classes in The Dalles.  If you are not a member of Meetup.com you will need to sign up for both and it is FREE for you to sign up.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment