Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update on my garden.

I finally remembered to take my camera with me to the garden yesterday to pick our first batch of fresh peas.

Fresh Peas and Broccoli strait from the garden. Yum.













This is affectionately called the Dinosaur Garden.  The fence in the back is 6 feet tall.  I planted as much as I could in each raised bed and it shows now.  In the bed next to the Corn and Peas is red and green cabbage, egg plant, brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower, and 2 rows of salad greens.  The egg plant is squished at the far end and I'm not sure how it is still growing because I'm sure it doesn't see any sun.  But we are having fun growing all this stuff.






























Hailey is showing me a pea she picked and asking can I eat it?
As soon as I said yes she chomped down.  She loves eating them right off the vine.  I'm surprised that we had enough for all of us to have for dinner last night.






























Mary and Hailey standing in front of the Corn and Peas.  With the Brussels sprouts almost taller than both of them in the back.  They love to put on rubber gloves and pick the slugs off the plants for me.  So I guess if they eat a few peas before dinner it's not such a bad trade.

I'm sure you noticed that I changed the look of my blog again.  I set up a new Meetup group last night and thought that I should update this site too.  Now I just have to set some dates and times to get together.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice



















No comments:

Post a Comment