Saturday, July 10, 2010

Corner Bookmarks.

I like to look on splitcoaststampers.com to see the newest cards and other items they have.  Last week I saw a tutorial for a corner bookmark.  Click here for the Corner Bookmark Tutorial.  I just had to make a few.  Awhile back I found pansies made with the SU butterfly punch so I thought I would combine both.







I punched the butterflies out of the Veranda papers and sponged the edges with Chocolate ink.  I added the details to the pansies with a black ink pen.  I added Stardust Glitz to the center of the pansy and then added a colonial white bigger brad to the center.


I loved how it turned out.




I wanted to make a card that included a corner bookmark and this is how it turned out.



Aspirations is one of my all time favorite stamp sets and the Unforgettable paper pack is so pretty.


























As you know I couldn't stop there so here are the others I made.







I still think I should add leaves to this one.





















This one you can use it either way this is the front side.  I used Cuttlebug embossing borders and then sanded the raised images.




And this is the back side of the same bookmark.














I made a few cards while I was playing around too.  Here is the Butterfly card, it is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

















Then I made some easel cards, these are both 3" x 3".  I used the SU Butterfly punch to make the butterfly pansies and the new SU Sizzilit die that embosses and cuts the smaller butterflies.  I also used the SU Border punches.  I wish CTMH would add punches to our Idea Books.























I showed these to my husband who collects books and he said he wouldn't use them in his books because the brads are too bulky and would damage the pages in the books.  So I don't have to worry about him running off with any of my bookmarks.  I do think his mother would love to have one though.   I will save a few of the things I made for another post later on.

Thanks for checking out my blog, if you would like instructions or information on any of these items please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment