Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tealight Cakes.

I first found these little delights on Splitcoaststampers website and decided to make some myself.  My friend liked them so much she asked me to teach a class on how to make them.  So I did.  I had the class at my house on June 26th.  I had 3 students, but we had so much fun.  I really enjoy sharing what I learn with others.  It makes me feel good and inspires me to continue sharing.  I thought I would share the Tealight Cakes that I have made so far.

If you remember, this is the first one I made.













This is the second one that I made.

Yes I added a Box, after all when you order a cake from the Bakery they come in a box. The box is cut out with the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes and more cartridge.  I love this cartridge.  I used CTMH Textured CS for the box.
















This cake took me all day.  If you look closely you will see tiny rosebuds around the base of the cake.  My daughter told me that I was crazy and I should not do that again.






This is the top of the cake and it has curly q's that I made by cutting a sliver of paper and raping it around a strait pin.













This is the third cake.

This one didn't take quite as long to make but close.

I took Daisy White CS and spritz it with a mix of Create a shade Pearl paint and water.  Then embossed it with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I punched out the tiny flowers from Lilac Mist CS and layered three to make them look like roses. I used the same punch to make the leaves out of Olive CS.










I used the SU Sizzilits butterfly cut and embossing die on the Daisy white CS that I spritzed.

I also used SU's Border punch and added pearls to the border and pierced tiny holes in each of the scallops on the bottom edge, like a doily might have.











Here is the forth Tealight cake I made.










I cut this box with holes in the sides and tied an organdy ribbon for a handle.





Here you can see that I used the Create a Shade Pearl paint again only I added a drop of Hollyhock ink to it and painted the stamen that I put inside the white Roses.  I also used a Daisy flower punch and created my own leaves.





These little cakes are so much fun and the battery lasts 120 hours.  Can you believe that?

My camera was not working the day I held the class or I would share the pictures of the cakes the ladies made.

If you would like more information on these cakes or if you would like to take a class send me an email jwilson@bctonline.com   Put Tealight cakes in the subject line.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank-you for sharing and inspiring....these are gorgeous! The little deatils and love you put into each is remarkable.
    How exciting it would be to recieve one of these little work of ART!
    Thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete