Friday, April 14, 2017

Together Forever Layout | DT

Hello Everybody!
The inspiration for today's layout came from a wreath I saw in the Flower Market Cricut cartridge. From there, I decided that since this is my last layout using the Hello Lovely collection, I'd go all out and show off the beautiful flowers in the Hello Lovely Compliments!
When I first started cutting into the paper pack, I had decided to cut the center out of one of the floral patterned papers and set aside the border for later use. I'm so glad I did, because I don't think this layout would be complete without the floral border.


To fill the center of the background, I pulled a sheet of Whisper cardstock from my stash. I distressed the edge (of course lol) and adhered it down. The next step is one I've never tried before, but was the whole reason I chose the Stampin' Up score board over several others. Using the diagonal insert, I scored diamond shapes into the background in various places to create some texture. Kinda hard to see in the pics, but I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing this technique more and more as I continue to get my crafty mojo flowing. 


Next step is acrylic paint, yes, I said acrylic paint lol. I added a bit of baby powder to white acrylic paint to thicken up the paint a little. It worked great and, once applied, it helped bring out the scoring that I had done beforehand. I, then, added some metallic gold and then some eradescent glitter paint, drying in between coats. My background did warp, but only a little bit. :)


Once all of the paint was dry, it was time to add a doily from my stash, the photo, and the sentiment. The 'Together Forever' sticker worked perfect at the bottom of the photo, and I also used words from a branding strip to fill in the space on the right hand side. After those were adhered, it was all about placing the flowers. 


I pretty much filled in the flowers at random, building up around the outside edges of the photo. Once I got the flowers down, I added some of the gold, puffy, heart and arrow stickers that were also included in the Hello Lovely compliments.
Once everything was placed where I wanted it, I added some Gold Glitter Gems and some of my forever favorites lol, Bitty Sparkles next to the hearts to create three dainty clusters. The last touch was to use my Gold Shimmer Pen and splatter some gold sparkle lightly around the page.

Here's the layout recipe:
-white
-metallic gold
-glitter
doily
Stampin' Up score board
baby powder

If you'd like to watch how this layout came together,
you're welcome to watch my process on my YouTube channel (hellotarina).

I hope this leaves you inspired and
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
~Tarina
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment