Friday, April 28, 2017

Delight in Everything card | DT by Tarina Lafollette

Hello Everybody!
Have you ever heard of Christmas in July?
Yes, I know it's April, Lol And it's definitely not July weather where I live, but the style of Christmas is pretty much the direction this card took. 


This card started out with stamping the Rosemary sprig from the Good Thymes stampset (found in the CTMH Annual Inspiration catalog) in Archival Black ink. I chose the Archival Black ink because once it's dry, adding water won't smudge or smear it. I then cut them out and watercolored them. After they were dry, I adhered just part of each sprig to a neutral-colored circle of paper. I didn't plan on them lifting up off the paper like an actual wreath, but they did!


For the center of the wreath, I decided to use the 'Delight in everything' sentiment, also found in the Good Thymes set. I stamped it in the center of a white daisy circle scrap I had laying around...lo and behold, it was the perfect size lol. I water colored Desert Sand ink around the edge which made the piece more of a Colonial white color. After everything was dry, I filled in the word 'Delight' with the Gold Shimmer Pen. It added such beautiful sparkle!
I adhered the sentiment piece with foam adhesive and added some Gold Sequins and Bitty Sparkles to fill in some of the empty space. Next up, a bow made from Blush Shimmer Ribbon. It took me a couple tries, but I finally got the bow tied to my liking lol. I find that using adhesive dots for bows makes my scrappy life soooo much easier! I set the wreath aside while I worked on the card base.
For the 6x6" Kraft card base I used several of the stamps from the Good Thymes stampset, stamped them randomly around the card using VersaMark ink and embossed them using white embossing powder. I also embossed a few sprigs on the coordinating envelope. After both were heated, I added a label to the center of the card front from the Flower Market cartridge(cut from Kraft). Then, it was time to adhere the wreath!
I thought I was all done, and even took photos of them both....but there was this nagging feeling they were missing something! I grabbed a black pen and added foe stitching aroun the sentiment circle edge and also around the edge of the envelope. Just that simple addition made them feel complete.


Here's the Card Recipe:

Besides garden markers, and seasoning tags/labels, the Good Thymes stampset gives you tons of foliage to make several different types of wreaths that would be perfect for all seasons!

If you wanna see my creative process for this card, head on over to my YouTube, (hellotarina)
Here's the link to my video:

I hope you enjoyed my Christmas card in April! lol
And I hope you all have a delightful weekend!
~Tarina
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment