Friday, March 24, 2017

Thinking About You Card | DT

Hello Everybody!
I hope you're having a lovely day!
For todays project I used the Dreamin' Big collection from Close to My Heart. I don't know about you, but I love this color pallette!


Did you know you could die cut your watercolor paper? That's actually where I started this card. I cut out the layers for poppies using the watercolor paper and Flower Market Cricut cartridge from CTMH (I just love this cartridge!). I knew I wanted to watercolor them, so I got out all my stuff and got started. Not only does Close to My Heart have everything you need for watercoloring, they also have a color pallette recipe for their colors!

















My colors ended up a little off because I'm a newbie at watercolors, but I still like how it turned out. I'm sure, with more practice, I'll have those colors and some good techniques down. Once I was happy with the poppies, I set them aside.


The card base is White Daisy cardstock from CTMH. Next, comes the gray woodgrain, patterned paper to cover the front. Leaving a 1/4" border, I distressed edges of the floral piece. Because the floral piece was quite busy, I added a smaller piece of White Daisy CS on top of that, it really helps frame the poppies. Once the basic design was done, I added the flowers and popped some of them up with 3D Foam Tape.
I used Archival Black ink, and the 'Thinking of You' stamp from the CTMH, Happy to Be Friends stampset, found in the current Annual Inspirations catalog.
I tried a few different cardstock colors behind the sentiment and finally decided on Slate and Canary, also from CTMH. Last was the Gray Enamel Gems and Bitty Sparkles!

Here's the product recipe for this card:
Dreamin' Big collection
Watercolor paper
Flower Market Cricut cartridge
White Daisy cardstock
3D Foam Tape
Archival Black ink
Happy to Be Friends stampset
Slate cardstock
Canary cardstock
Gray Enamel Gems
Bitty Sparkles

I hope you enjoyed this card and I'll be back next week with another project!
Have a great weekend!
~Tarina
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment