Friday, March 31, 2017

Hello Card featuring Dreamin' Big | DT

Hello Everybody!
With the early spring flowers peeking their heads out of the ground and summer just around the corner, the Dreamin' Big collection from Close to My Heart has inspired me again.


Today's card was pretty quick and easy to make. It starts with a White Daisy card base, as well as the black & gray striped and flower print paper from the Dreamin' Big paper pack.
I trimmed a small piece of the black & gray paper and adhered it about 3/4s of the way down, on the card base.
Next up was the floral paper. 
I measured the smallest heart from the Basic Hearts-Thin Cuts dies, and trimmed the floral paper just bigger than the size of the heart. I then placed my heart die where I wanted the cuts to be(hopefully evenly spaced lol), marked them with my pencil, and ran them through my Big Shot. I set aside the die cut hearts because I wanted to use the negative space(the part the hearts were cut out of). I cut a few more hearts out of the white striped vellum from the Uptown Fundamentals pack from CTMH and stitched them down in between the cut out hearts. Any thread works for this, but for this, I used 3 strands of the Whisper Thick Twine.
Once I was done tying off the twine, I adhered the piece down with 3D Foam Tape.
For the sentiment, I used the 'hello' die from the hello & thanks Thin Cuts from CTMH and black cardstock. I was tempted to cut several hello's and glue them together which would create a thicker type die cut, but ended up emphesizing the word 'hello' with a Spellbinder's label die cut from White Daisy CS. I popped this up on 3D Foam Tape and added some Bitty Sparkles and Grey Enamel Gems to finish off the card.

Here's the card recipe:

I hope spring inspires you to get creative,
and I hope you have a great weekend!
~Tarina

No comments:

Post a Comment