Sunday, February 26, 2017

There's Nobunny Like You | DT

Hello All!
Yes, I am still in love with the Hello Lovely collection from Close to My Heart Lol so I couldn't help but use it again!
This card features both, the Tea-rrific and Easter Bunny stampsets which are both Stamp of the Months. Easter Bunny is the February SOTM and Tea-rrific will be available as the March SOTM. Both can only be purchased during their feature months. I thought the girly bunny would be perfect to pair with Tea-rrific so I decided to mix the two and see what I’d come up with.





I did a few practice runs with my watercolors…..okay, like 9 or 10 practice runs lol I’m not usually that patient, but I happened to be today, thankfully! I did find that playing helped me get better at using them, so if you feel overwhelmed by watercolors, just keep trying, every new skill takes practice! This is the first time I’ve used my CTMH Watercolor paper and it’s definitely not a high quality watercolor paper. BUT, for light water use or backgrounds, it works great. And I do love that it’s made in 12x12 size.
I stamped the girly bunny in StazOn, Timber Brown ink so the ink doesn’t run while watercoloring. I also dried her after each color so they didn’t mix together. I added just a touch of blue around the outer edge of her to help her stand out from the background. I also added a bit of sparkle on the dress using the Gold Shimmer pen. Once I had her all dry, I trimmed down the WC paper into the shape of a tag and adhered her to another tag made from the pink polka-dotted paper. I used my Cropodile to punch a hole and looped a length of Blush Shimmer Ribbon through. I also add a bit of 3-D Foam tape to the back to help the tag pop off the card.
For the base I decided on a top fold card in White Daisy cardstock. And I knew I wanted to use the ‘There’s nobunny like you’ sentiment in Desert Sand Ink, with the girly bunny across the background. I was kind of thinking about how each of our moms are unique and each stands out from the rest in our own hearts.
I cut another piece of the pink polka-dotted paper and used my Edge Distresser to roughen up the top and bottom edges. I also trimmed a piece of the linen patterned paper just a bit smaller than the pink polka-dotted paper, distressed, and hand stitched along the top and bottom edges using white thread and my CTMH stitch guide/ruler. Then, I adhered both pieces about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the card base.

After placing down the tag to the left side of the card, I used the Spellbinders, Labels Ten, Nestabilities die set to cut out the 'There's nobunny like you' sentiment. I adhered this with a bit of 3-D Foam tape just on the right side so that it lifted to the same height as the bunny tag. Last things for the front, were adding some Bitty Sparkles, a couple Gold Glitter Gems and a heart from the Hello Lovely Compliments pack.
For the inside, I stamped the 'Happy Mother's Day' cup in Desert Sand ink, covered it with a mask, and then stamped the flowers on either side of the cup using the Timber Brown, StazOn ink. Once I removed the mask, it looked like the flowers were behind the cup. I watercolored them using the same colors I had used on the bunny. I did add a bit of green as grass below the cup and flowers. Last thing is adding a touch of gold sparkle!

Here's the card recipe:
White Daisy Cardstock
CTMH Watercolor Paper
Hello Lovely Paper pack
Hello Lovely Compliments
Desert Sand Inkpad
Timber Brown StazOn inkpad
Easter Bunny stampset
Tea-rrific stampset (available this March)
White Twine
CTMH Ruler
Piercing tool
Edge Distresser
Watercolor Paints
Gold Glitter Gems
Bitty Sparkles
3-D Foam tape
Gold Shimmer pen
Blush Shimmer Ribbon
Spellbinders, Labels Ten die set

I hope this card inspires you to think out of the box with your stampsets. It's okay to mix them up a bit!
Have a great day!
~Tarina
+hellotarina 

No comments:

Post a Comment