Monday, January 30, 2017

Close To My Heart Embossing folders......

So, I have quite a few embossing folders and hardly ever use them.  Recently I saw some really pretty simple but elegant cards using embossing folders and embellishments.  So today I sat down and played.  It has been so long, but I had fun.  So here are the results.

I ordered some thin dies the other day from Spellbinders, this is the poppy die I received yesterday.
I used Sea Glass ink and inked the inside of the embossing folder before I ran the White Daisy cardstock through it.  I used CTMH's Blush shimmer ribbon.  I used the Poppy thin die to cut the poppy out of White Daisy cardstock and then used a sponge dauber to add ink to the petals. I cut the leaves and center out of Sea Glass cardstock.

This one I inked with Sea Glass ink too. I used a Stampin Up flower punch and a Martha Stewart fern punch.  I also used CTMH's Blush shimmer ribbon.  I used some thin ribbon I've had for a long time. I used the It's your day stamp from a Petite Perks stamp set and and stamped it in Sea Glass ink and sponged Sea Glass ink on the 3 banners that I tucked under the Smoothie cardstock flower. I also used stickles glitter glue for the flower center.

This one, I added Sea Glass ink to the embossing folder before I embossed it too. I punched the flowers out of burlap with the Stampin Up flower punch. I cut 2 banners from Hello Lovely paper and added the thin ribbon. I added 2 and 3 layers of foam tape to the backs of the flowers so that they have a little dimension.  I also used CTMH's Blush shimmer ribbon on this card.  The flower centers are retired embellishments from CTMH as well.

If you like these cards please leave me a comment below about your favorite one. 

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies to make these cards, here is a link to my website http://janicewilson.closetomyheart.com/
Here's a link to the embossing folders, some are on clearance at a great price. http://janicewilson.closetomyheart.com/retail/search.aspx?searchvalue=Embossing+folder


Happy Scrappin',

Jancie

No comments:

Post a Comment