Thursday, July 7, 2016

I have a question for you!

I recently went on vacation and came home to a flooded house. All the flooring has to come up, so I thought this would be a great time to do a makeover on my sewing and craft rooms. New floors and new paint. I even plan on new organizing items too. I am planning on combining my Sewing room and my Craft room. I have a couple boards on Pinterest with some ideas pinned that I like and think will work in the room. Below is a picture of my craft room. please excuse the mess I am still taking things out so we can pull up the floor. Just last week this room was over flowing with stuff, floor to ceiling in some places. lol It is 11' x 17' with a large walkin closet that is 9' x 3' and 2 large windows to work around. I love how much natural light comes in from the windows. This room is also my office for paying my bills and preparing my taxes. I have 2 - 5 drawer file cabinets and the large 3 + mini drawer old military file cabinet you see in the pic. I might be getting rid of the Military file cabinet, right now it holds all my CTMH Cardstock plus my B & T papers and the 24" Cricut matts fit in the mini drawer on top too.
 I plan on putting some kind of laminent flooring down soon, I am open for suggestions too, just not carpet. I need to keep it budget friendly too if at all possible.

I have asked Steve to build me a rack similar to this one to hold all my punches too.

We recently went to Goodwill and found 4 matching book shelves to hold all my fabric and they were only $2.99 each. You can't beat the price when reorganizing. I want to put them in the closet and maybe put 2 on wheels so I can move them, like this one is. I'm sure Steve has casters laying around here some place too.
The same day we bought the book shelves we stopped at a garage sale and I found a short book case that was hinged to another one and has pegboard on the backs, when you open them up it reveals the open book shelves. I want to turn them back to back and add a counter top for a cutting table, similar the the one below only the book cases would be back to back with no space between to save space. I have to say it was a steal at just $5.00 too. I have the counter top that I want to use on top already too.



My question for you is what color should I paint the room. Right now it is a light lavendar on 2 walls and a lavender and white faux finish on the other 2 walls. I used a twisted t-shirt to roll the paint on 2 walls. I love purple, but I'm thinking of a light teal? Teal walls and white accents or white walls and teal accents? White walls with teal and purple accents?


Please leave a comment so you can help me decide what colors to choose. Please feel free to add colors to the list and any sample ideas too. I am excited to get this room paintesd once the VFW Auxiliary Antiques and Collectibles sale is done this weekend. If you are local and have some time, please come by the VFW Post 1324 located at 104 S. Tumwater Dr., Oregon City, OR 97045 and check out the sale. Friday from 5-8 pm Saturday from 9am - 5pm and Sunday from 10am-3pm Don't forget to have lunch and try Janie Wills' homemade pies. They are a huge hit so stop by early.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janice, I like the 2nd from the top light turquiose color. I think it will give alot of light and feel spacious too! I need to come stamp with you more. Good luck with the redo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, I like the 2nd from the top light turquiose color. I think it will give alot of light and feel spacious too! I need to come stamp with you more. Good luck with the redo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie. You do need to come stamp with us more. lol Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete