Monday, January 4, 2016

La Vie En Rose Scrapbook layout.

I am finally feeling better and ready to start the New Year off right.  I have lots of plans and scrapbooking more is one of them.  Of course I have to get the VFW Auxiliary scrapbooks done too.  Lots of sewing is in my plans as well.  I got some new sewing tools for Christmas so I want to try them out soon. 

Ok, back on track with the La Vie En Rose layout.

I created this layout using La Vie En Rose paper pack and the Beloved Bouquet stamp set which happens to be the Stamp of the Month.  I stamped the roses and poppies in Pomegranate ink and the leaves in Fern ink.  I then colored the poppies in with the Shin Han art marker Carmine. I colored the leaves in with the Olive and Citrus leaf watercolor pencils.   I wanted to show off our new watercolor paints, but I just haven't practiced enough.  That just gives you something to watch my blog for.  


(The picture on the right was taken on Sept. 5, 1981, the one on the left was taken Dec. 2009.)

I used Duck Easy Stick Adhesive to adhere all the paper pieces together.  I used my Micro-tip Scissors to cut around the flowers once I had them colored.  I also used White Daisy cardstock for the base of my layout, which does not come in the paper pack.  The red border is the zip strip that cut off the edge of the papers.  This one has words, Hugs and Kisses, You make my heart sing, I'll throw you kisses, you take my breath away, and from me to you. I thought it would be perfect to use for Valentine’s day or Anniversary’s.  In this layout I used pictures from our wedding and a more recent one, from 2009.  I don't have any current ones or I would have used it.  This shows our love for each other and that is what I was going for.  I don't have any journaling on the page yet, I'm still working on that.  I'm leaning toward “Still in Love after all these years"    

My friend Tina over at gemspaperscissors.com has a cute card made with this same paper pack. 

I have seen some beautiful cards and layouts made with this paper pack, hopefully I can make some before the end of the month.  You can go to my website janicewilson.ctmh.com and order all the supplies listed above or you can follow the link to each of the itmes I used.  

I hope you have enjoyed this post.  Let me know if you have questions please email me at jwilson@bctonline.com or call me at 503-708-6889. Please leave me a message if I don't answer right a way I'm probably in a meeting and I will return your call as soon as I can.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice





No comments:

Post a Comment