Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The diary of a Wimpy Grandmother.

Ok, so here is the newest "STUPID" trick I used to loose this weight.  I could have and should have just cut my portions, exercised and done it the right way, even if it takes a while.  But no, I met a lady selling Boresha Be Skinny Coffee in Vancouver when I went to the Clark County Women's Expo.  She is just the sweetest young lady.  I was in dire need of a cup of coffee and she had a booth.  So, I stopped and listened as she explained how she just lost 26 lbs in 2 months, by drinking this Coffee.  So I asked questions and she even got into the internet to show me the ingredients and what ever else I wanted to know about the products.  It sounded great.  I love coffee and I need to lose weight so why not.  I went home and thought about it.  I searched on the internet for scams and warnings and I didn't find anything.  So, I ordered a box of 20 pods to fit my Keurig.

I received the products on Oct. 31st.  It was awesome.  I planned to start the coffee diet on November 1st.

I woke up the next morning, all excited to get the new diet going.  I made myself a cup and started my day.  All went well.

I woke up on Saturday, had my coffee.  I hosted my crop and taught the Laughing Lola Mini Album,  all went well.

When I woke on Sunday November 3rd, I felt like the fibromyalgia had come back.  There was an elephant sitting on my chest.  My first thought was that the cat had been in the house for 8 days because of being spayed.  I am allergic to cats, but the Vet said I had to keep her in till she healed.  So I kept her in for 8 days, I put her outside on Wednesday October 30th.  I had vacuumed and mopped so it shouldn't have been that bad.  As the day went on, I couldn't move without coughing, so I used my inhaler to help me breath.  It helped a little but not much.  By the time my husband got home from work I knew that I should go into the urgent care.  First I called the Fred Meyer Pharmacy to see if I could use my inhaler more often than every 4 hrs.  The pharmacist recommended that I go in to be seen.  So my husband took me to the ER. By this time I was so weak and dizzy, I felt like I was going to pass out.  I had to hold onto something to keep from falling over.  I coughed so much on the way to the hospital I wet my pants, so Steve went back home to get clothes  As soon as they got all the information they put me in a room and started a Nebulizer treatment.  They finally called me back and started a 2nd Neb treatment and gave me Prednisone pills.  The Dr. also gave me a prescription of Prednisone to take for the next 4 days.  I was there for 5 1/2 hours.

Monday I went to see my Dr. and he started me on a Neb treatment and gave me a Cortisone shot.  He also sent the Nebulizer machine home and I had to use it twice a day for 5 more days.  All this time I've been drinking my New Boresha Coffee.

Tuesday I get up have my coffee, do my Neb treatment and still no improvement.   My Daughter came over and sent me to my stamp room so that she could start a deep cleaning to get the cat dander out of my house so that I could start getting better.  She even took the vacuum down and had it cleaned and the filters replaced so that I wasn't getting anything in the air from the vacuum.

Wednesday Dawn came back to work on the house some more and she happened to tell me that she and her husband bought a new thermos for him for work and how nice it was to have one that kept the coffee hot all day.  That threw up a red flag because Charlie didn't drink coffee.  Which in-turn made me think COFFEE!!!  I had been drinking the Boresha Be Skinny Coffee this whole time.  Not getting any better.  I bet it's the coffee.  So I did not have a cup of Boresha.  By the evening I had forgotten to do my Neb treatment until about 10:00 pm.  I had been needing to do it about 5 or 6pm.

Thursday I woke up feeling better, I did my Neb about noon, and completely forgot again that night.  I was feeling so much better.

Friday I woke up feeling so much better.  I called my Dr. and when Jon the nurse answered he was amazed to hear the difference in my voice.   In just the 2 days I went from a whisper that couldn't get 1/2 a sentence out to an almost normal voice.  He wanted to know what had changed.  I told him about the coffee and he said "Who would have ever thought Coffee could do that?"

I am almost totally back to normal.  I still have a cough here and there, but for the most part I am back doing all the stuff I love to do.  It was so scary for few days though.  I hope if you try this coffee you are very careful.  I love the idea behind the products, I think it wasn't a good fit for me as there are ingredients that say "Other Natural Ingredients" and I usually have an issue with products like that because they use something like Forsythia or Pine or something that I am allergic to.

So have I learned my lesson?  I would hope so, but you never know.  I sometimes have to learn the hard way and although, I don't want to go through this again, I am Human.

I hope this helps you to make better decisions when trying to loose weight, do it right.  Don't take shortcuts.

Happy Scrappin',



  1. I also prefer coffee in every serious situation and while need relaxation.

    Kopi Luwak

  2. My Mother told me that my Aunt Sara gave me coffee with cream and sugar when I was 1/2 hour old. I have drank coffee all my life. I go down the coffee isle in the store just to smell it in the air. It is definitely a comfort food for me.