I have been busy the last couple weeks getting ready to host my Bunco Group on May 4th. I made party hats for everyone to wear. I had fake mustaches for everyone to mark their cups so they knew who's was who's.
I painted 2 signs to show everyone where to go for my Bunco party. I'm not much of an artist but I think you can tell what it is supposed to be.
I made a large Balloon Cactus sculpture so everyone would know they were at the right place. I used an old Card Rack and my DH gave me some metal pipes that were bent so I could make the arms. It took 90 balloons to create this. Thank you Dawn and Charlie for blowing up the balloons for me. Thank you Hailey and Mary for handing the balloons to me so I didn't have to let go. I put this together in my Living room and Charlie was laughing because I then had to get it out side somehow. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to put it out because the wind was howling all day but calmed down just in time for me to put it out before my guests started to arrive.
I researched and found a great recipe for Chicken Enchiladas(recipe below) I even made Gluten Free Flour Tortillas. I found most of these recipes on Pinterest then changed them to my liking.
GF Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 Large Sweet Onion diced
3 Cloves Garlic minced (I used a Garlic press)
3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can (14.5-ounces) Diced Tomatoes
½ cup Sour Cream
1 (4-Onuce) can diced Green Chili peppers (they are not hot)
½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Dried Sweet Basil
½ teaspoon Chili powder
½ teaspoon ground Cumin
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 – 10 (8-inch) Gluten Free Flour Tortillas (Recipe Below)
1 (15 Oz) Enchilada Sauce
· Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
· Grease a 13” X 9” baking Dish with Cooking Spray and set aside.
· Heat Olive Oil over Medium Heat in a large skillet.
· Add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
· Stir in Garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
· Add in Chicken, diced Tomatoes, Green chilies, and Sour Cream; season with Oregano, Basil, Chili powder, Cumin and Salt and Pepper.
· Cook for 5 Minutes or till heated through.
· Mix in ½ of the shredded Cheddar Cheese.
· Spoon mixture down the center of each of the GF Flour Tortillas and rollup.
· Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
· Bake for 10 minutes.
· Top with Enchilada Sauce and shredded Cheddar Cheese.
· Return to oven and bake for 5 – 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
· Serve warm.
Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
2 ½ Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 – 1 ¼ cup of warm water (about 100 degrees)
1. To make tortillas, place flour, Xanthan Gum, and salt in large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Add 4 teaspoons of Olive Oil and stir to combine.
3. Pour warm water in small increments and stirring to combine.
4. Press dough together with wet hands and divide into 8 pieces.
5. Roll each piece separately between 2 pieces of Plastic wrap until about 1/8” thick and 8” wide. (You can use a Tortilla Press if you have one.
6. Heat a Large Cast Iron (or Non Stick) Skillet until hot.
7. Place 1 raw Tortilla on the skillet at a time and cook for 45 – 60 seconds or until slightly charred on the bottom. (You’re better off under cooking than over cooking them because they won’t be pliable.)
8. Flip tortilla with a heat proof Spatula and cook for another 30 – 45 seconds.Remove from pan and place on plate continue till all tortillas are cook
Baked Cinnamon Chips with Strawberry Salsa
Baked Cinnamon Chips
3 Gluten Free Flour Tortillas about 6"
3 tablespoons melted Butter
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Sugar
6-8 Fresh ripe Strawberries Diced
1/2 cup chopped Pineapple chunks
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1/4 teaspoon Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 drgrees.
- Brush melted Butter on one side of each Tortilla.
- Mix Sugar and Cinnamon and sprinkle on the Buttered side of each tortilla.
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut the tortillas into 8 wedges.
- Place tortilla wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet sugar side up.
- Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges curl up.
- Remove from Oven and let cool.
- Place Chips on a platter.
- Mix Strawberries, Pineapple and sugar. (I made this a head and had it in the fridge until I was ready to serve my guests, then I put it together.)
- Sprinkle Strawberry mix over the chips.
- Melt the Dark chocolate and the 1/4 teaspoon Olive oil in the microwave 1 minute at a time stirring regularly until desired consistency.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the Strawberries and chips. ( I drizzled the chips before and after adding the strawberries.)
- Add a few dollops of Shipped Cream and serve.
Cranberry-Strawberry Margarita Punch
6 Cups Cranberry Strawberry Juice Cocktail ( you can use Cran-Raspberry or any other one too)
2 cups water
3/4 cup frozen Limeade Concentrate ( From 6 oz Can)
1/4 cup Frozen Orange juice concentrate (From 6 oz Can)
1 cup Tequila to spike the whole batch (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a 1 gallon insulated beverage container.
- Salt rim of glass.
- Serve over ice if desired. ( you can blend this also.)
- Garnish with Lime slices.
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
They smell so good. I might have to make a gluten free version soon. (recipe below)
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist White cake mix
1 cup bottled Strawberry Margarita or Daiquiri mix
1/4 cup Tequila (Optional)
3 egg whites or whole eggs.
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup Butter
5 1/2 cups Powered sugar
5 tablespoons bottled Strawberry Margarita or Daiquiri mix.
1 Tablespoon Tequila (Optional)
12 Slices Lime, each cut in half.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or non stick pans)
- Place paper or foil baking cups in each of 24 regular sized muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.( I beat them on High speed for 2 minutes because it makes a fluffier cake)
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 - 23 minutes or until a tooth pic inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes remove cupcakes from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon at a time of the bottled Strawberry Margarita or Daiquiri mix, beat until well blended.
- Add tequila now if you want to add it, but substitute it for 1 tablespoon of the Margarita Mix.
- Beat frosting until it is light and fluffy..
- Spoon Frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a #1M Star tip, pipe frosting onto cupcakes in a circular pattern.
- Garnish with Lime slices.
I hope you will let me know if you try any of these recipes. I would love to hear what you think about them and if you have a better recipe, I would love to have it. I have my Avocado Salsa and Pico de Gallo recipe on the blog somewhere, if you want them just leave me a comment or send me an email letting me know you want them.
It has been about 12 years since I have entertained friends in my home. I've always had too many people living here to be able to entertain. I guess we could have had guest over in the yard.