Thursday, January 3, 2013

What a wonderful day!!!

Today was my birthday. I woke up to a text from my Daughter, then a phone call from my Mother.  More texts and calls from my other family members from across the states.  My daughter came by with my Grandbabies and the 2 of us went shopping.  When we got home the kids surprised me when I opened the door, they were hiding in the dark and jumped up and yelled Happy Birthday Grandma!!!! For the rest of the evening every time I went outside and came back in they jumped out of a dark room yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!

 The for kids had decorated while we were gone.  They had made a banner for me and hung it between the living room and dinning room. Mary had put purple and white balloons all around the dining room. The kids used Mom's new Cricut that I gave her for Christmas to make the banner.
 Mary made me a Pansy book necklace,  She glued 2 die cut pansies together and put 2 heart pages inside, they said Happy Birthday Grandma on one page and Best Gma in the entire world on the other heart page. 

 Then Hailey made me a Journal. 
We went to Flying Pie Pizzeria on McLaughlin Blvd. and had pizza (They have Gluten Free Pizza)  It was delicious.  It just happened to be Family night and they had a Balloon Artist who gave everyone there a free balloon, including the Birthday Grandma.   He made me a flower in a vase.  Zack was so sweet, he asked if he could make a Pansy out of balloons for me. (My favorite flower)
He made Hailey a Bow & Arrow complete with a Quiver for her 3 arrows.  Just enough to shoot all her siblings.
 Mary got a Pink and Silver Sword and Shield that doubles as a hat.  Grandpa got a Blue and Silver sword so he could defend himself from his Granddaughter.
 Zack got a Blue and yellow Jet Pak then barrowed Grandpa's Sword to attack Dad and Dad barrowed Mary's Sword and Shield to defend himself.
 After we stuffed ourselves with pizza we went back to the house and had Ice Cream cake.  Dawn made me Gluten, egg & Dairy Free Chocolate Cup Cakes with Chocolate Fudge frosting and Dark Chocolate shavings.  It was delicious!!!  I know most Gluten free cakes aren't that great, this was a Chocolate cake mix from Bob's Red Mill and has the directions on how to use flax seed for an egg replacement and says you can use any milk substitute (rice, coconut or almond).  It was so moist it was like a real  Duncan Hines®  mix.   YUM!!!


I have the best Family in the world, who made my birthday a Wonderful day that I will remember for a long time.  Thank you all.


Happy Scrappin',

Janice




No comments:

Post a Comment