Friday, January 4, 2013

Very special Christmas Presents!!!

As you all know Steve and I love to shop Garage sales, Estate Sales and Thrift stores.  Well I am glad I  went just before Christmas.  We went to an Estate sale and it was the 3rd weekend of this sale, so I thought that there wouldn't be much left.  Well I was wrong. When I walked into the front room the table right in front of the door was piled up with all these life like baby dolls, 25 or 30.  I started looking at them and saw the prices $15.00, $25.00, $30.00, well these were kind of out of my league but then I heard someone say everything was half off.  I went to Steve and asked if I could get some for our Granddaughters.  I know they would love to have one.  Steve came and looked and said ya pick out the ones you want.  So I did.  When we paid, one of the Ladies running the sale said did you find the boxes for the dolls?  I didn't know they had boxes.  So she went over and pulled boxes out from under the tables.  The boxes said Lee Middleton,  I knew then that I had found quite a treasure.  Both dolls had boxes and certificates and their original clothing.  The babies are signed and numbered.  Then I found the JC Penny price tag on the end of the box $170.00.  Both were little Boys.  I had no Idea that they were that expensive, but we gave them to the girls anyway.  (Now I am kicking myself because I didn't buy more.)
 Mary named her baby Gabriel

Miss Hailey named her baby Charlie
  I found lots of baby clothes so they can change their clothes including coats and shoes.
Dawn and I are working on making carriers, bassinets and bibs from a pattern my Sister gave me 25 years ago.  Thanks Aunt Carolyn, I knew it would come in handy again sometime.

The girls are so good with them, they even get their brothers to babysit while they go do something else.  I love it.  


Happy Scrappin',

Janice

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you still Have it. I still have the girls.old & ragged & being uses. I heard One of the other girls still Have theirs to hand down. what we dont know. fasinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn loved the set you made and still has the Bassinet and diaper bag. The Mary and Hailey use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete