Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving decorations

Here are the Place cards that I made today for our Thanksgiving dinner. There are 12 place cards in all.  Or I should say so far, as you never know who might show up at my door for Thanksgiving.
 I cut this from the CTMH Artiste Cartridge on the Thanksgiving page #78 Accent, 4 shift.  I cut them out at 3 1/2".
I used Cashmere card stock then cut the Oval on page 36 with Accent 2 using the leafy print from the Flirty paper pack, I cut it at 1 1/2".  I printed all of our names on Colonial white card stock in brown ink and punched them out using SU's scalloped oval punch then sponged the edges with Dessert Sand Ink.  I punched out the oak leaves from Creme Brulee card stock and punched the Birch leaf from Sorbet card stock, I then spritzed them both with a mix of CTMH's Pearl Paint and water to give them a little shimmer.  I made a mixture of CTMH's Pearl pain and Autumn Terra Cotta reinker to make a spritz and mixed CTMH's Pearl paint with New England Ivy reinker to make another spritzer then spritzed  Daisy White card stock then spritzed it again with a Dessert Sand ink and Alcohol mix and let it dry.  I then punched maple leaves out of that paper.  I punched the Pine branches out of Olive card stock.  The daisy was cut on the Cricut also using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge page 68.  I used Sorbet card stock and CTMH's Quilling tool to curl the daisy, glued it with Liquid Glass and added a rhinestone to the center.  I flattened out the daisy while I was gluing so that it didn't stick out so far.

Also on page 78, there is a wrapper under the Card key and Shift key.  I am going to use it to make a Candle center piece and maybe some Napkin rings to match.  I have been playing with the idea of the cupcake wrapper as napkin rings also.  I guess we will see which works out best.

Hopefully I can find time today in my busy schedule to get some of these things done.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment