Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Chicks are 6 weeks old now.

It is hard to believe that time passes so quickly.  I am pretty sure I know the sex of my chicks now.  I have 3 hens and 1 Rooster and now that I know that I have decided what to name them too.  Here are their pictures and names.

 This is Cleopatra. She is a Partridge Cochin Frizzle.
 This is Bella Vie. She is a Partridge Cochin Frizzle also.
 This is Josephine. She is a Partridge Cochin, but I don't think she is part Frizzle.
 And this white one is my little Rooster Chuck. 

Chuck refused to come out from under the tree so that I could get a good picture of him, and when he did he ran under another one near by.
I am pretty sure that Chuck's Mother is my Golden Sex-link, not sure who his dad is,
maybe my Cochin Rooster.

I have learned a lot about chickens this year.  I learned that Sex-links are bread to know the sex when they hatch.  To get the Golden Sex-Links they breed a Red hen with a Silver Rooster and when they hatch the Golden are hens and the Silver are Roosters, they never stay true the next generation.

Well I am off to finish working on my stamp room, hopefully I will be able to share pictures later this week.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment