Sunday, January 15, 2012

Potato Leek Soup and new Artwork.

I got up this morning and it was snowing so I started working on my Thank you cards.  I need to make about 30, I got 4 done, but took a break to make Potato Leek soup.  I make mine a little different because of my diet, but it is so delicious.  Today I added some chicken to the soup.  My family loves this soup and they aren't restricted from Gluten or Dairy.

Here is the recipe.  I don't measure mine but I will give you an estimate on the measurements.

Potato Leek Soup (Gluten and Dairy Free)

1 large Leek (sliced and separated then soaked in water to get the dirt out.)
6-8 medium potatoes (Diced)
2-3 Celery Sticks
1 cup Diced Carrots
2 tablespoons Parsley
2 tablespoons Basil
1 medium Onion
3-4 tablespoons Garlic
1-2 teaspoons Salt
1-2 teaspoons Pepper
3-4 Tablespoons Olive oil or Safola oil
1 Qt chicken stock
1 Qt Rice Milk

Directions;
Pour oil in the pot you are using for the soup, heat on med-high heat.  Add potatoes, cook till almost tinder.  Stirring often.  Add 1 cup chicken stock and continue cooking.  Drain your leeks and add to the potatoes.  Add the Carrots and Celery too.  Add your Parsley, Basil, Onion, Garlic and the rest of the chicken stock.  Simmer till all is tinder.  Put in blender and add Rice milk to blend.  This may have to be done multiple times to blend it all.  I like the potato chunks so I only blend part of it.  Add back to the pot and mix in the rest of the Rice milk.  Add salt and pepper to taste and your soup is ready to serve.  Remember you may have to adjust the seasonings as they are just estimates because I don't measure them.  I go by taste.

Here are the Thank you cards that I have completed so far.  These are quick and simple because I have so many to make.  I did change them up a little.




My Daughter sent me a pic of the grandchildren playing snowball baseball in her front yard.  
It is still snowing here but it is not sticking.  I wish it would at least for a day or two.

Happy Scrapin,'

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment