Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Salvation Army Auction donations.

I received a text last week from my Sister in The Dalles, asking me to donate some of my hand made items to the Salvation Army Auction.  I made a couple of Baby Tealight cakes with matching boxes for the baby basket














and a couple Cherry and Chocolate Tealight cakes for the Kitchen basket.  If you look closely you can see the chocolate curls on the cale top and around the base.  These little cakes are so much fun to make and each one is different, even if I use the same papers.














I also made a gift set.  In these sets I have a two year calendar, a mini clip board with post-it notes, a mini pencil with an eraser, a note book, a giant binder clip and a giant paper clip.















I was very happy to help out and I hope they bring in a lot of funds for the Salvation Army.  I understand that there are ladies coming from all over Oregon and Idaho and maybe even Washington State too.  I sell all of these items in a little shop in The Dalles called The Nook.  It is owned by St. Vincent De Paul and is in a small part of their Thrift Shop, on 9th st and Trivett.  The commission they charge for selling my items goes to the Food Bank in The Dalles.  I was raised in The Dalles and still have lots of family and friends who live there, so it feels great to be able to help in that community too. 

If you are interested I will be at the BCT Holiday Bazaar November 6th. at the Beavercreek Elementary School, if you send me an email I can give you the exact address. jwilson@bctonline.com 














My Sister had not seen my Birthday calendars so I made one using the Bandanna Technique and sent it in her package.  She sent me a text when she received the package and said "Thank you, everythng is awesome."

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment