Monday, March 4, 2013

Miss Teen Portland - March 24, 2013

I had a wonderful opportunity to spend some much need time with my Sister, my Niece and 3 Great Nieces on Sunday March 24, 2013.

My Niece Jennifer asked me to go with them to the Glencoe High School in Hillsboro, OR to be a helper for her 3 girls, who were all in the pageant.  They came down from The Dalles for part of the processing on Saturday and stayed the night with me.  We did their nails and got up early and got there on time for the pageant to start on Sunday morning.  This pageant started out with 400 girls and my Great Nieces were in the final 170 girls.  I think this in itself was quite an accomplishment.

This was the rehearsal part of the pageant, Miss Aurora was in the Miss Pre-Teen Division
Amber and Crysta were in the Miss Jr. Teen Dividision and wore number 108 & 109.  
Sorry my pics are kinda blurry.
This is the band room where we were getting dressed between rehearsal and Casual wear and Formal wear competitions.  Jennifer was putting on Crysta's and Aurora's makeup. I helped with their hair.
I think Amber should get an award for most talented at putting on her own makeup.  There were no places to put a mirror so that you could see what you were doing so Amber just used her toes to hold the mirror.
I had to sneak to get this picture.  
Nanna (my Sis) asking permission to take Amber's pic.
 Just look at these beautiful faces.


This was the Casual part of the competition.
Here is the Formal wear part of the competition.

They didn't get into the top 10, but they learned a lot.  What they learned will last them a life time. They were so patient with each other they helped each other and they made sure that none of them were late for their walk.  These girls tried their best to be themselves and do what was expected of them.  I am so proud of them and so glad I got the opportunity to spend the day with them and share something so very important to all of them.  I don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like so this was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.  
 I am so proud of all of you.

Yes, I'm sure there will be a scrapbook about this event. 
Happy Scrappin',

Jancie

No comments:

Post a Comment