Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Shower party favors and decorations

This has been really hard for me, because I couldn't post anything until the party, so I didn't ruin the surprise.  I have been busy making party favors and decorations for a lady who is in our Portland Friends Scrap Meetup Group.  She is due in April with her 2nd little Boy.  She and her family recently moved here from Colorado and they only know a few people, so I wanted to throw her a shower and let her know she has Family here too.

Her friend Jenna, told me that her colors were Chocolate brown, Blue and dark Maroon.  
Here is the banner that I made for the shower.  She said it was perfect and she loved it.  Yeah.  She said she was putting it in Alan's book.
 The little shirt on the left says If you (mustache) I am a Boob man.
and the one on the right says If you (mustache) I am a Momma's Boy.  I found a free cut file for the onesie on the internet and I can't remember where and I can't find it again to give credit, sorry. 

Here is the Sleeping Baby Diaper Cake. Tarina put it together for me.
I bought a complete outfit, sleeper, hat, bib and socks. I also purchased Clothe diapers, wash clothes, pacifiers and receiving blankets to use as fillers and to complete the diaper cake.  Everyone loved this adorable cake.  Thank you so much Tarina for saving me again. 

 Here are some of the treat boxes that I made using a cut file that I purchased from myscrapchick.com I made a cut file of my Sizzix die Paper doll boys hair and made it fit the baby cut file.  I also made a cut file that goes behind the head for the hair also.  I gave some babies mustaches and some are looking up so all you can see is a wide open mouth smile.  I think they turned out very cute.
 Here is a close up so you can see the details on the hands and feet.
 Shannon doesn't do boys so here is the one girl treat box that I made.  
I painted her finger and toe nails and added a "y" near the bottom middle of the box, for a but crack. I had so much fun playing with these.  I can see so many more things you can do for a little girls baby shower too.  

I made 26 of these little Baby treat boxes and filled them with candy. 
They are going to be part of the games.  
I gave small prizes for the people who chose Red headed babies and ones with Mustaches.
I always like to give a gift to the Big Brother so I decorated up a bag and put my gift in and there is plenty of room for others to add to it if the wish too.
I used the Latr Sk8r paper pack to decorate the bag. I also used the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge to cut out the gears and borders along with the medallions and the tags.  
I used the In Gear stamp set to stamp on the tag.

I found lots of games to play, on the internet.  I decided we will play The Price is Right game. 
 I will have 6 items laying out on a table and 3 x 5 cards with the correct prices on them laying randomly in front of the items.  I have the 6 Baby items labeled A, B, C, D, E and F.  I will give all the guests a 3 x 5 card that has the Items listed next to their letter and a blank spot for them to write in the correct price.  The person who gets them all right or at least most of them right gets a prize and Stacy gets to take all 6 items home with her.  We had 4 winners and everyone was disappointed that I didn't bring my wheel in for them to spin.  


I have tiny safety pins that I put into a bowl of uncooked rice and they have to see how many pins they can pull out of the rice in 1 minute.  The one who pulls out the most pins will get a prize.


We will all be wearing safety pins on our lapels and if anyone is caught saying Baby then the person that caught them will get to take their pins and add them to theirs.  The person with the most pins at the end of the night will get a gift.

Ok, here is "Mom to Be" Stacy walking in early to her Surprise Baby Shower and doesn't have a clue what is going on yet.  Being Miss congeniality as usual.   
She was visiting with Dawn and I and turned to see 2 life like baby dolls laying on the table in front of Dawn and then took a quick look around the room to see all of the stuff we had set up.
I made 2 kinds of Garbage bread, the Chicken Broccoli one and a
Mediterranean one.  It is to the left on the top picture and on the right on the bottom pic.


 She then saw the sign and realized we had planned a surprise party for her.
 Here are her favorite Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Cupcakes with real Cream Cheese frosting.
Here Stacy is trying to find the tiny safety pins in the rice.
 Glenda trying to find them.

Kathleen trying.
 Jenna trying,
 Tina found 3.
 Abby found 2.
 Stacy getting ready to open her gifts.
 This was the cutest little Squash book, Jean Pilch made it using Cardboard, B&T paper and
The Wizard of Oz Stickers.


Here the squash book is open so you can see the 3 different papers.
Dawn and I had to leave early and Stacy insisted on helping us load up the car. These are the 2 life like baby dolls that were laying on the table, (Gabriel and Charlie) that we were going to dress them blindfolded but ran out of time to work it in.  Doesn't she look like a natural? 

We had so much fun playing all the games,  I hope they were able to get a lot of scrapping done after we left.

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

1 comment:

  1. I am truly very impressed with Baby Shower party favors and decoration ideas. I had been looking for exact ideas. I need to throw a baby shower for my best friend so have picked one of her favorite event locations for this bash. Rest of the help I have got from internet. Thanks to the blogger like you!

    ReplyDelete