Tuesday, September 19, 2017

From The Heart Card | DT Project by Tarina Lafollette

Hello All!
Have you gotten to play with the From the Heart, (Sept. Constant Campaign) stampset by Close to My Heart yet?
I'm using it today, along with the Sapphire cardstock. I've been drawn to it a lot lately, so I decided to use it for my base color with gold as my accent color.


I started prepping the card base by covering it in the Sapphire cardstock. Then, I went onto Silhouette Studio and designed the scalloped rectangle with the faux stitching. I cut it and the scalloped oval from Sapphire CS as well. Once I had the oval cut out, I stamp the 'Sending special thoughts & wishes to you' sentiment in the center using VersaMark ink and then heat embossing in gold.

For the scalloped rectangle, I cut an oval from copy paper that was just smaller that the scallops on the scalloped oval and used it as a mask. By placing it in the center of the rectangle die cut, it forms a sort of stamping guide for me and helps me stamp in an oval shape that is in a similar size to my sentiment oval. So I stamped flowers around the copy paper oval and heat embossed them in gold as well. Once I had all the embossing done, it was time to adhere all both pieces down. I decided I wanted a little depth to my card, and foam tape works perfect for that!
And that was it! A pretty simple card, with minimal supplies.

Card Recipe
Copy paper

If you haven't gotten your hands on the From the Heart Cardmaking kit yet, be sure to put your order in soon because it's only available to order until the end of September! You can also purchase just the interactive cards/envelopes or just the stampset as well.

I hope you have a lovely day, and I'll see you soon with my next DT project!
~Tarina
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment