Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Thanks for everything Card | DT project by Tarina Lafollette

Hello Everyone!
I am SO excited about this post!
This is my first post using some of the new products from Close to My Heart, Annual Inspirations catalog and I am bursting with so many ideas!

This is the very first time I've used one of Close to My Heart's embossing folders, and I love, love, love how it turned out! The trick is to mist the paper with water before running it through the embossing folder. It helps soften the fibers of the paper so they stretch instead of break while being pressed.
I used the 'thanks' sentiment from the CTMH, September Stamp of the Month with my DIY reactive stamp pad so that I could add silver foil to it. The foiling is optional, so if you don't yet have a Minc, laminator, or DIY stamp pad you can just stamp 'thanks' in Sapphire ink. I, then distressed the edge of the White Daisy piece to give it a little more presence and lightly splattered some of the Sapphire ink to tone down the starkness of the white a bit.


The roses in the Beautiful You stampset have 3 steps to complete them. Because I used one color per card, I used the generation stamping technique. This means you fill your stamp with ink, stamp it off once and then stamp it where you want it. The first stamping pulls some of the ink off the stamp, leaving a lighter print for the second stamping. I did this technique with the base layer stamp and stamped the second layer with full color. For the third layer, I stamped with a reactive stamp pad and ran the piece through my Minc foiling machine. This foiling part is also optional, you can do another second gen. stamping instead, if prefered. I adhered the roses to the corners to kind of frame the 'thanks' sentiment. I also stamped the 'for everything' banner in Sapphire, cut it out, and adhered it with foam below 'thanks'.
The last part of creating these cards are placing the Bitty Sparkles and Grey Enamel Gems (white).


As you can see, I recreated this card in Raspberry color as well. And with Close to My Heart's wide range of coordinating cardstock, inks, papers, and stampsets, you can make this card in 42 different colors, 43 if you count Blush, our new color of the year!

Thanks for Everything
Card Recipe 
Beautiful You Stampset
" " + thin cuts bundle
Feel So Blessed Sept. SOTM (will belinked Sept. 1st)
Rose Embossing Folder
White Daisy Cardstock
Sapphire Cardstock
Sapphire ink pad
Raspberry Cardstock
Raspberry ink pad
Bitty Sparkles
Grey Enamel Gems
Foam tape
*optional*
DIY Reactive stamp pad (for more info click here)
Minc/Heidi Swapp Reactive foil - Silver (found online or at your local craft store)
----------

I hope this leaves you inspired to get creative with some of our new CTMH products!
~Tarina
@hellotarina
janicewilson.closetomyheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment