Friday, July 28, 2017

Storybook Alphabet cards | DT project by Tarina Lafollette

Hello Everybody!
Today I'm sharing a couple cards with you.
I absolutely love the Storybook Alphabet(aka the July Stamp of the Month) from Close to My Heart and was so excited to use it!


 I recently got my hands on this set and all of CTMH's pigmented inkpads for my birthday, so I wanted to play with them a bit. The color palette from the Little Dreamer collection inspired the rainbow effect and I decided to use the whole sheet of stamps as one background stamp. If you love mixed media, this technique would work great for you.
I easily created movement on the card base by inking the stamp in a diagonal pattern. I really love how vibrant these inks are, so I decided to try out the pigment inks on black cardstock too. It worked beautifully! 
I added a small doily from my stash and cut a few labels using the Spellbinder's Labels 10 die set. I decided to heat emboss the 'way to go' sentiment on black cardstock to help it show up. The stamp is from the 'Way to Go' stampset. I kept the sentiment for the card on the right fairly simple and stamped 'Have a sweet Birthday!' From the stampset Sweet Birthday. To finish off these cards, I added a few sequins, glitter gems, and Bitty sparkles.

Could you imagine this stampset stamped in black and colored in? 
It would create a perfect title on a card or layout!
Just a quick reminder for those of you who love this stampset. July 31st is the last day the Storybook Alphabet stampset will be available to order!

Card Recipe- left
Spellbinders labels 10 dies
Pigment ink sets-
Small Doily (from my crafty stash)


Card Recipe- right
Spellbinders labels 10 dies
Pigment ink sets-
Small Doily (from my crafty stash)
Sweet Birthday Stampset

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
I hope you all have a great weekend,
~Tarina
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment