Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New artwork.

My DH's 60th Birthday is tomorrow and I made a couple cards for him.  We couldn't figure out how to get together on his actual Birthday so we got together last night.  We had pizza and Red Velvet cake.  YUM!!!. Ok well they had the cake and I had fruit. I did make my own Pizza, I used a brown rice tortilla and I mixed onion, garlic and Basil into tomato past and put the tomato paste on top of the tortilla.  I then added ground turkey, mushrooms and pineapple then shredded Rice cheese on top.  Baked in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes till the cheese melted.  Yum.

Any way here are the cards I made for him;

I made this card for all of us to sign for Steve.  I used Sonoma level 2 papers with Stamp sets Blue Ribbon C1464 and November's Stamp of the Month Cherish the Day S1111.  The Happy Birthday stamp is from Gracious Greetings a set that has been retired for years, but I still love it. I used Dessert Sand, Colonial White, Olive and Smokey Plum CS and Dessert Sand, Cocoa, Olive, Petal and Smokey Plum ink.  I added 2 large Cocoa brads to the labels that I cut out with the Cricut.  I cut the Tickets and star out with the Cricut also.

I made this card to give Steve on his actual birthday.  It is an easel card.  I used The edge strip from Roxie level 2 paper pack Hollyhock, Dessert Sand, Dutch Blue and Sky CS  I used  Decembers' Stamp of the months Mad about You S1112.  I punched some Butterflies from the Hollyhock cs and stamped them with the swirl from the stamp set and colored the bodies with Dessert Sand ink.  I added the HEELS to the second ticket because I added High Heels to the inside of the card. (See below) I cut the heels from black cs and from the Zebra stripe B&T paper.  I also used the Happy Birthday from Gracious Greetings on this card. I cut all the tickets from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
 I get SVG Cut files from MyScrapChick.com and the shoes were a new file from this week.  It also comes with socks and boots and you can make cards with them.  So cute and they are on sale.  You should check out the site.

I like how both of the cards turned out, I hope Steve does too.

Happy Scrapin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment