Friday, September 9, 2016

Update on my house repairs.

Well it's been a while since I shared what was happening.  We have now gotten to the point of progress with the rebuild.  Willamette Restoration has been great to work with, I hope they feel the same way about us. lol  They brought the guys from Pacific Crest Custom Cabinetry  and Trinity Flooring  with samples to help us pick out what we wanted to put back in the house.  Pacific Crest Custom Cabinetry came and drew out the design and measured everything to make sure we could get the most out of our space. Trinity flooring left samples of the laminate flooring and carpet samples too.  Russ from Willamette Restoration brought samples of the counter tops.  There has been a lot to look at and decide and they were so patient with us both. The cabinets were delivered on Thursday and set into place on Friday.

 I thought they would use a hand truck.


 Here they are, our new SOHO, Cognac Thermafoil custom cabinets.
 This is called a Wood Super Susan it is the heavy duty version of a lazy susan. lol

Well, here it is without the counter tops and flooring.  I will post pics of those next week.

Here is the back splash that I picked out.

We worked all weekend and into Tuesday to get the painting done so we could be ready for the new cabinets and flooring. We aren't done painting, but we are all so tired we decided we will finish it later.  At least we have the hardest part, the Ceiling done and the main rooms.  We have to paint the guest room and finally finish our bedroom closet and master bathroom.
Steve can hardly wait to pick out his new pool table to go in his new pool room. We have chair rails we are going to stain or paint and put up to cover where the 2 colors meet. 

I just love the color of my new living room, Malaysian Mist. 
It's hard to tell from this pic, but it just brightens the room up.  My plan is to get brown curtains and maybe a sectional for the living room, but for now I can reburbish the old couch and hopefully make it more comfortable to sit on.

I can hardly wait to see the whole thing finished and get back in my regular routine. 

Happy Scrappin',

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment